At The End Of Four Leashes

Photo by Ellie Hansen

Not a day goes by when I don’t get a comment like “You must be a dog walker.” Or, my personal favorite “I have enough trouble managing two!”

I have become a fixture in my neighborhood. Albeit an unconventional one. People yell across distances at me “Awesome! Way to go!” or “Do you train?” Passing cars slow down to watch and smile. An older gentleman a few blocks over from my house confided in me one day, “My granddaughter watches for you every day. She calls you the Beagle Lady.”

Most recently a young neighbor boy walking by us with his father asked me a question “Why do you have so many dogs?” he asked shyly. Not knowing how to simply answer that question, I just smiled and said “Because I love dogs.”

The truth is that my dogs and I were meant to find each other. Call it fate, providence, or whatever you choose to believe. It is actually as simple as that.

Tags: 



via Whisker Therapy
[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.