Teddy

It’s a wise dog who knows his own mind.
beagle

My dog Teddy never struck me as the Stephen Hawking of dogs. While I’ve been told by other dog-lovers that dogs are about as intelligent as a two-year-old child, Teddy seemed a bit less promising. He hasn’t learned many tricks, although I have to admit I have not been very consistent with my training. He does not sit on command, roll over or “shake hands.” He comes when called only if he isn’t doing anything better, including napping—especially napping.

I adopted Teddy from the city animal shelter about four years ago. I wanted a companion for my Beagle/Basset mix, Mignon, who seemed to be missing her recently deceased pal, Cowboy. As is often the case in big-city shelters, the majority of the available dogs were Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mixes, who are prohibited by my unenlightened neighborhood association.

Tags: 



via Whisker Therapy
[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.