Settling

In Their Voices

The couch I lucked into is a camel back, with three cushions. I spend a lot of time on it beneath a blanket. This is the fifth house I’ve called home. I am pretty high energy. I usually careen about the yard after our 40 to 45 minute walk. I love it when she follows me to our back yard to share my joy. I love to run with abandon, put on a little speed here, a lot of speed off the hill, and launch with a little skip catapulting off the raised stepping stone. She thinks I’m funny. I watch her laugh at me as I cut close to her legs, or look googlie as I skip past her.

In the evenings she’ll ask me if I’d share the couch with her. She plops down on one end and swings up her legs. Reluctantly, I make way for the landing big bottom that is about to crush me. The threat is real and trying to extract myself from under it is a daunting task.




via Whisker Therapy
[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.