Piglet, the Deaf Blind Pink Puppy, Inspires and Educates

Piglet Deaf Dog

I’m a small animal house-call veterinarian. I also love dogs and have quite a few. Seven dogs provide plenty of drama, but one is extra special. 

In March 2017, I agreed to foster a tiny deaf, blind double dapple doxie chihuahua mix rescued from a hoarding situation. While I have raised many puppies over the years, I had no idea what I was in store for when I picked up the screaming 1 1/2 pound puppy from a Petco dog adoption event in Milford, CT. 

We named him Piglet because he looked like a baby pig, like Piglet from Winnie the Pooh. He didn’t know where he was or how to maneuver in his environment. He brought chaos into our house, and I’m embarrassed to admit that I tried desperately to find him a home. But in the end, after reviewing many adoption applications, it became clear that he had already found his home, and he was here to stay. 




via Whisker Therapy
[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.