Singer Harry Styles Offers To Dog-Sit For A Hungry Fan

We’ve heard a million stories about people encountering celebrities on the street and going up to talk to them. But there aren’t so many stories about famous people coming up to talk to us regular Joes. There are even fewer about famous people going out of their way to be kind to strangers. This is one of those rare tales, and it involves former One Direction member Harry Styles and a dog named Oscar.

It all started with a simple poll from @yusufyuie on Twitter: what’s the weirdest interaction you’ve ever had with a celebrity?

For Rory Carroll, a Reuters correspondent, that interaction went down January 17th, 2018 at The Oaks Gourmet Market in Franklin Village, Los Angeles. It was around 11:30pm, he shared in a reply to the thread.

“I was outside a restaurant in Hollywood trying to pick up my take out order but couldn’t go in because I was with my puppy. Harry Styles saw my predicament, tapped me on the shoulder and said he could watch Oscar while I went in. What a guy”

A photo proves it: Harry Styles holds Oscar’s leash on the street outside. Oscar, oblivious, doesn’t appear to know this is a chart-topping pop singer.

@RoryDCarroll/Twitter

Carroll, shocked by how much attention this amazing photograph got, told Insider he wouldn’t have left his beloved pup with just anyone.

“I would not have let just anyone keep an eye on him so when this guy taps me on the shoulder and asks me in a British accent if I’d like him to watch my dog, I was prepared to say no,” he said. “Then I looked at him and thought, is this Harry Styles? Just to be sure I introduced Oscar and myself and he said, ‘My name is Harry.'”

The internet is totally floored by this adorably sweet gesture from a very famous person. They’re also completely baffled that Carroll kept an image like this on his camera roll where it got no attention for 2 years.

“imagine having this in your camera rolls since 20[18], can’t relate” -@guccibabylarry via Twitter

Carroll has been using his newfound internet following to promote assistance efforts for those struggling with the Australian bush fires.

“At a time when everything seems so grim – Australian fires, climate change, looming threat of war – the response to this story has been really heartening. Oscar and I are grateful to Harry for that!” 

I’m certainly thankful for all three of these good guys!

H/T: Capital FM
Featured Image: @RoryDCarroll/Twitter & @averageharrystan/Instagram

The post Singer Harry Styles Offers To Dog-Sit For A Hungry Fan appeared first on iHeartDogs.com.




via Whisker Therapy
[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.