Lumber, Destiny and a Talking Dog

Or, how a casual visit to an animal rescue resulted in love at first sight.
Kare dog

I know what you’re thinking: “Well, that’s a pretty strange title.” But if you’ll give me the time it takes to drink a cup of coffee, I’ll try to make it worth the effort of reading.

I was buying lumber at a Lowe’s in Oregon. The store shared a parking lot with an animal shelter. I wasn’t looking for a dog, but after I loaded my truck, something made me think I should go check out the shelter.

“I’m not really looking for a dog,” I told them. “I have one at home already, plus, my wife’s not with me.” But when I went through the door into the kennel area, there she was, in the very first pen. Nahe, the name on the cage said.

She looked to be about a year old and was shy, staying in the rear of the pen. But we made eye contact. She was a beautiful German Shepherd, tan and black with gorgeous copper coloring on her head and chest. I wandered through the rest of the kennel area, but I really wasn’t looking any more.




via Whisker Therapy
[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.