Kelly Osbourne Mourns The Loss Of Beloved Pom: “I Have Never Felt Pain Like This”

The world is shining a bit less brightly for Kelly Osbourne this week as she mourns the loss of her best friend, a Pomeranian named Polly. 

“I promised myself that I would take a break from social media for the summer… However I thought I should let you all know that this week I lost my Polly to a pulmonary heart defect,” Osbourne posted on Instagram, along with a professional photograph of the sweet dog.

It’s always tough to lose a pet, but this loss is hitting Osbourne even harder because Polly was only six years old. They’ve been at each other’s sides since Polly was just a puppy, and now Osbourne is feeling so lost without her four-legged friend. 

Image: Kelly Osbourne/ Instagram

“She has been by my side for six years,” Osbourne said in her post. “I do not know how to go on without her. To say I’m devastated is an understatement.”

Osbourne first revealed Polly was sick in May after she and her boyfriend found the dog “hardly breathing and completely unable to move” at around 4:30 a.m. one morning.

“We rushed her to the vet where she is currently being treated in the ICU,” she wrote on Instagram at the time. “I was told they believe her heart stopped and they don’t know why. This dog means more to me than anything in the world. She is my heart and soul.”

Unfortunately, Pomeranians can be prone to heart issues, including murmurs and enlarged hearts. 

Image: Kelly Osbourne/ Instagram

Polly has helped Osbourne on her journey to sobriety, although the reality star did reveal that she relapsed recently after four years sober. 

Osbourne is struggling with the loss of Polly and asked her close friends to respect her privacy during this time of mourning. 

“I have never felt pain like this,” Osbourne continued in the post about Polly. “I have lost my shadow. I don’t think I will ever get over this. My heart is broken. I am broken! I am not in a place to even talk about it. To all my close friends… if I don’t respond, please understand that I just need time.”

Messages of condolences and well wishes from all over the world flooded Osbourne’s post on Instagram. 

Image: Kelly Osbourne/ Instagram

“I’m so sorry for your loss,” fellow reality TV star Paris Hilton commented on the post with a broken heart and sobbing emoji. “I love you so much,” celebrity makeup artist Jasen Kaplan added. “I am sobbing and I can’t even begin to understand the pain in your heart! I’m always here for you. Talk soon.”

Although it can’t heal a broken heart, Osbourne isn’t alone in the grieving process. Her newly-adopted pup, Oat, whom she fostered during the COVID-19 quarantine period, will be there with her every step of the way. 

H/T: People
Featured Image: Kelly Osbourne/ Instagram 

The post Kelly Osbourne Mourns The Loss Of Beloved Pom: “I Have Never Felt Pain Like This” appeared first on iHeartDogs.com.




via Whisker Therapy
[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.