Supermodel Christie Brinkley Owes Her Career To A Sick Puppy

Believe it or not, there was a time when the incredibly gorgeous Christie Brinkley was a struggling artist in Paris. Despite her beauty, modeling was not on her radar. But then her beloved fluffball of a puppy, Tempête (which means “Storm” in French) became ill. It was the 1970’s – long before cellphones – and Brinkley did not have a phone in her home, so she headed to a nearby office to call a veterinarian. That’s when fate stepped in.

A fashion photographer happened to be in the same place at the same time, and he was looking for a model.

“I walked into the telephoning office and this guy goes, ‘I was waiting for you to come back. I’m a photographer and I’ve got my first big job. I was thinking you have the look that they described. Will you do it?’” Brinkley explained to WWD. “It was thanks to my puppy that I thought, ‘Let me just see what it’s like and do one little thing.’”

Now 63, Brinkley has enjoyed four decades of success thanks to one sick puppy – who says dogs can’t change your life?!

Brinkley is currently partnered with Purina ProPlan, helping to promote healthy pet aging. The project is just the latest in a long series of charitable works she has participated in on behalf of animals.

Earlier this year, she appeared on billboards for Main Line Animal Rescue with her adopted pup, Chester. The adorable Poodle mix was rescued by the Pennsylvania-based organization.

 

H/T to WWD.com

Featured Image via Facebook/Dog In Vogue




via Whisker Therapy
[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.