Remembering Jackson

A boy slowly welcomes a new dog into his life.
PHOTO BY GUILLE FAINGOLD

It’s my 11th birthday today, though we are not having my party for another three days. Jackson’s been gone two weeks. I told Mom I didn’t want to celebrate my birthday this year, not without him. She ignored me and said that a party with my friends would help me feel better. Who’s she kidding? Nothing could make me feel better.

Well, Jackson could. He always knew how to cheer me up. When Mom and Dad would have their fights, and I would get frightened, Jackson would come lead me away to a place far from the yelling and tears. When I was sick, or fell down and scraped my knees, Jackson would lie next to me, kiss away the tears and make me forget the hurt. When I was sad, he would fall onto his back and wiggle around with that goofy expression on his face. His tongue would hang out of the side of his mouth, and I would laugh. Jackson would do that. I love him.




via Whisker Therapy
[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.