Dear Dutch

A letter to my rescue dog, a Keeshond mix, who died way too young
Dutch, 8 years old

Dear Dutch,

This letter to you is so foolish. Even if you were still alive you wouldn’t be able to read it, let alone understand it. Yet…in your own way I hope you always understood how much you meant to me, how much I loved you.

It’s hard for me to fathom at this moment that you’re gone. Your sickness came on so abruptly, your death today was so sudden, so quick, so final.

On Friday when I returned from the hospital following my surgery, everything seemed fine. You were your usual joyful self, wanting to play ball, wanting to fetch. I felt miserable but you helped lift me out of my misery—even if the last thing I felt like doing was to throw you a yellow tennis ball.

On Saturday you didn’t eat your breakfast. You barely ate all day. Then, late Saturday evening, you fell violently ill. I knew the signs. I wanted to deny them but deep in my heart I realized something was very wrong with you.




via Whisker Therapy
[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.