Will My Dog Ever Love Me?

New dog is affectionate to previous guardian

Dear Bark: Five months ago, I adopted an 18-month-old dog from a friend. I’ve housetrained her, give her the best food and walk her daily, and she’s much better behaved and less neurotic than when she was with her original owner. Yet, she is not very affectionate with me, and when her former owner visits, she wants to leave with him. Sometimes, she’s even more affectionate with my friends than she is with me. It’s very painful, and I’m wondering whether this will ever change.

I want you to have the loving relationship with your dog that you wish to have. It’s not clear what barriers are preventing that, but there are things you can try to create the change you seek.




via Whisker Therapy
[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.