Dog is My Co-Pilot: Friendship & Adventure

dog with chick on head

Cedar, our five-year-old yellow Lab, is extremely calm and gentle. We have laying hens, and one day, when I took some of the chicks into the yard to play, Cedar let them climb all over her. The chicks were very curious about Cedar, and Cedar welcomed them as they went about discovering who she was. Watching them gave me the idea for this photo.

After I set the chick on her head, Cedar remained very still, as though she knew that was the best way to keep the chick safe. The chick was quite content there, and probably would have stayed on Cedar’s head all day if I hadn’t eventually helped her down. (The chick is a Rhode Island Red; when she grows up, she’ll lay brown eggs.)




via Whisker Therapy
[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.