Jared Padalecki Says Goodbye To The Dog He Rescued Before ‘Supernatural’

Supernatural, the hit CW series starring Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles, finally wrapped after 15 seasons. Padalecki’s dog Sadie nearly made it the entire run alongside her actor dad. Sadly, she passed away in 2019.

In an interview with Michael Rosenbaum on the podcast “Inside Of You,” the Supernatural star said he rescued Sadie from the SPCA in Los Angeles while filming Gilmore Girls back in 2003. He described her as a pup with “really classic coloring, the brown, the black nose.”

In between scenes, being a guest star on Gilmore Girls, number eight on the call sheet, they were like, ‘Okay, we need you to work at 4AM. You’ll finish that scene around 10AM and we need you back at 8 p.m. So I went to the SPCA on Sherman Way and got Sadie.”

@jaredpadalecki/Instagram

Sadie went everywhere with Padalecki. The two were inseparable, even as he consistently worked as an actor. She was always by his side, long before he even met his wife.

“I got her season 2 of Gilmore Girls and had her for three more seasons of Gilmore Girls. Then I had her for 14 seasons of Supernatural. She went to New York with me when I shot with Riley, New York Minute, she went to Virginia with me, she was my girl. I was single when I got her and she was around for everything.”

At 15, Sadie’s Health Starts To Decline

In 2018 during filming for season 14 of Supernatural, Sadie developed a problem with her hips. It left her nearly incontinent.

“It was the worst, man. She had lost her hips, her back hips a little bit. I had this harness we had bought. You would kind of hold her back hips. Then her leash was attached to a harness on her chest. She couldn’t pee, she couldn’t poop…”

@jaredpadalecki/Instagram

Often Padalecki wondered if he was being selfish, keeping her around despite her illness. But throughout most of her physical ailments, Sadie’s spirits remained high.

“Every day I would get up and she would wrench her neck around. She couldn’t move her hips but she would wrench her neck around to look at me like, ‘Where are we going, Dad? Where are we going?’”

Sadie Let Her Dad Know It Was Time

After a few months of Sadie’s health being in decline, she decided to let her dad know the time had come to say goodbye.

“One day she kinda looked at me like, ‘Hey, buddy, I’m ready.’ So that lasted three or four days. At first, I was like maybe she didn’t sleep or something. Then three or four days, same thing. I was like, ‘Okay, I’m going to let her go chase cars in the sky or squirrels in the sky. It was hard.”

After she passed, Padalecki shared photos of his late best friend on Instagram, thanking her for being in his life.

@jaredpadalecki/Instagram

“If I was able to give her even just 1% of the happiness she gave me, then she’s still smiling… somewhere… Play In Peace Sadie. My life is better because you were in it.”

Padalecki mourned deeply when he let Sadie go, but he knows how lucky he was to have loved her.

“I remember it was a month or two but there was a day when I woke up and I was done with crying and moping. I was like you know what, man? My life is so much better, so many people’s lives are so much better because Sadie was in it. Now it’s just been smiles. She’s still with me.”

Dogs don’t live nearly as long as we wish they could. Still, they bless our lives so much during their short times. Rest in peace Sadie!

H/T: Cheatsheet.com
Featured Image: @jaredpadalecki/Instagram

The post Jared Padalecki Says Goodbye To The Dog He Rescued Before ‘Supernatural’ appeared first on iHeartDogs.com.




via Whisker Therapy
[blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.